Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Mercy insisted on wearing this hat at lunch today. I wasn't about to stop her! I love it!
She cracks me up!

Mercy likes to 'touch' the ornaments on our tree.

She especially likes this ornament. It has a polar bear on top that she adores. I took it off the tree and now it's hers to play with (it is plastic, so no concerns about it breaking and cutting her!).

Another great pic of me and my sweet girl. Thanks, Tyson!



I love Christmas! I love the food, the music, the decorations, and the family time. This year is especially fun with Mercy. Last year she was only a few months old, so she wasn't too interested in anything. This year Mercy is excited by all of it! Everyday she says "Hi tee!" when she sees our Christmas tree. She walks around it and says "touch" as she gently touches, and yes- often grabs- the ornaments on the tree. I've tried giving her a taste of some of the holiday sweets I've been baking, but she doesn't seem to care for it much yet. I suppose that's a good thing! She loves dancing to Christmas carols and watching Christmas videos with us. Kids really do make the holidays so much more magical!


I feel like holiday shopping has kind of gotten away from me this year. I still have a bit of shopping to do this weekend. Eek! I had also hoped to do some crafts, but that too got pushed to the side a bit. Oh well. Next year I won't have graduate research keeping me busy on top of everything else!

The pictures are just a few from this week. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Love the pic of you and her together! She is such a cutie-pie! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and safe New Year!