Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Undecorated House: Living Room Edition

I want our living room to be a quiet, relaxing room for visiting with friends and for reading. Therefore, there is no TV in our living room (it is upstairs in the bonus/family room). We placed our newest, nicest couches in this room along with a bookcase of classics, an original canvas painting, and the piano. I am waiting to finish decorating this room until I find some drapes that I like. That will help me determine what I'd like to do with the rest of the room. I wish I had a wide angle lens for my camera. It was hard to get good pictures of this room. Oh well, you'll get the idea!


The carpet in this house is sage green, which I actually really like, though I would have picked a more neutral color. My olive colored couches make it look just a tad minty, but I don't think it is too noticeable. The ottoman will double as a coffee table. I'm on the lookout for a cute tray I can place on top if needed.

I'm not sure I'll leave the fake plant and the digital picture frame on the piano. It will do for now.


I mentioned yesterday that this house has lots of windows. I love that this smallish room has two large windows. Don't we have a great view? I love all the trees.



This is one of many bookcases we have in our house. What can I say, we love books!

Up next- the dining room!

1 comment:

Leo and Jill said...

It doesn't look undecorated to me. I think it looks great. Sometimes less is more.