
Welcome to our dining room! It is nice to not have our dining room table shoved up against one wall, like it was in the old house. Now it can be the center of attention! Our dining room, along with the breakfast nook in the kitchen, is carpeted. At first I didn't like the idea, but since I absolutely despise mopping (it is my least favorite chore), I decided that I would much rather vacuum and occasionally steam clean the carpet. Plus, I get the added bonus of picking out area rugs. I also need to pick out some drapes for this window. I would make drapes myself, but I wouldn't like them. I'm too much of a perfectionist.

I don't know what to do with that big blank wall. I'm thinking antique and thrift store visits are in my future. Wouldn't a display of a variety of china plates or silver serving ware look nice there? Hmm.....
Right now my hutch is empty. I have my eye on a set of white china that has been discontinued and is dropping in price on overstock.com. But it can wait. I'm in no hurry to do any of the decorating. I think dreaming is half the fun anyway.
Up next- the kitchen!
No comments:
Post a Comment