Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Undecorated House: Entryway Edition

I have had several requests for house pictures, so I decided I would drag it out into a blog series over the next several days. My house is a blank canvas right now. There is so much I want to do to pretty it up around here, but I want to take my time and, of course, add new things. So instead of running around and just throwing our old stuff up on the walls, I am forcing myself to endure blank off-white walls for a while. In the meantime, I'll whittle away my non-decorating time entertaining you with pictures of my blank walls, because you all have nothing better to do, right? :)



Welcome to my entryway. This house has lots and lots of windows that let in natural light all day long. I love that this entryway has a long window and little windows in the door. I also like the natural wood trim throughout the house. Not the fanciest stuff, but nice.



Okay, so my walls aren't completely blank. This cute little entryway bench was such a steal! It was fifty percent off, but the floor model was the only one left. Since it had a few blemishes, we got even more off the sale price. I heart Fred Meyer! I think I'll paint it black....the white on white walls just doesn't do it for me.




This is the view as you walk through our front door. I love my yellow vase! I love seeing a splash of yellow as I walk into the house. It seems so friendly. I did have some fake plant stuff in it in the old house, but didn't like it anymore. I'll fill it with something...I just don't know what yet. I'll know it when I see it.

Next up- the living room!

No comments: