Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Putting the Pacifier to Rest

Now that Mercy is almost one, we have determined that it is high time we made her pacifiers disappear. Luckily, the little miss only takes a pacifier at nap time and bed time. What is the problem then? Well, once Mercy falls asleep, the pacifier falls out of her mouth. If she wakes up a little and realizes her pacifier isn't in place, then she cries until one of us gets up and pops the paci back into place. It's really for selfish reasons. We don't like getting out of bed for the sake of the pacifier. SO, today is day 1 of no pacifier. She cried for the first twenty minutes of her nap, then fell asleep, and stayed asleep for the remainder of her nap. I'm hoping she will cry less and less with each nap!

1 comment:

The Stanger Family said...

HI, I know it has been forever since we have seen each other. We both have little ones and a day full of taking care of them...How have you been? Are you staying at home now or are you still working? I stayed at the Buckle till my son was almost 2 then decided I was missing out on way too much. He is 3 1/2 and keeps me running all the time. We just started trying for another so we'll see how that goes. Well I hope everything is going great with you and your family. Are you guys still around here? Anyway we need to catch up......