Yesterday at church we sang a song with the line, "I love Your mercy", and I think Miss Mercy thought the song was just for her! Every time we sang that line, she would grin and look around at everyone while clapping. Too cute! Yes, Lord, we do love Your Mercy!
AND, I am so excited to announce that Mercy stayed in the nursery for almost 45 minutes! I got to hear most of the sermon! For those who don't know, we like to keep Mercy in the service with us during the worship music. She loves it and is well behaved. I take her into the nursery just as the sermon is beginning (which usually only lasts 30 minutes, but we had a guest speaker this week). I dropped her off on Sunday and she didn't seem too interested in me at all, so I left. She did cry at one point, but she allowed the nursery worker to soothe her. Yea!
It seems going cold turkey on the pacifier was the worst route to start out with, so we have moved on to plan B. Mercy seemed like she was going to adjust fine in the beginning, but each day got worse and worse. The breaking point for me was Friday, when she woke up at 5:30 a.m. and didn't go back to sleep. I got her to sleep for about 40 minutes later that morning...but that was it until bed time at 7:00 p.m.! She was sooo cranky and it is pretty unusual for her to go a whole day with only 40 minutes of sleep. So we're trying a few different things with the hope that a slow weaning from the pacifier will do the trick. Sigh. I almost wish we'd never given her one to begin with.
And, my last update for today- I begin the FINAL class of my graduate program today! The research class spans the entire school year, and requires that I work in a classroom on a regular basis. Before we moved I had just planned on stealing a former colleague's classroom a couple of times per week, but now I'm starting over somewhere new. It will be nice to get to know the school system here a bit!
Decorated, But Not Demanding
1 day ago


2 comments:
You're going to enjoy your final class and being in a classroom. They are going to enjoy having you too. Wish I could watch Mercy for you while you are doing your homework at school!
Love you
Mom
Just saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for stopping by. I'm actually about to post something I wrote earlier today but when things settle down around here for the night I'm going to come back and visit! I look forward to it!
Post a Comment