Wednesday, May 13, 2009

8 months old






Today is Mercy's eight month birthday! She is teething right now. One bottom tooth has pushed through the gums, and now the one next to it is working it's way through. She has been pretty fussy the past couple of days, poor baby! I had a hard time getting any happy pictures of her today, but it looks like she really enjoyed bath time.
Mercy is doing so well. She can sit on her own, though for some reason she just doesn't like to. I think she might be afraid of falling over, even though she holds herself up well. We practice sitting together everyday, so I'm sure she'll get used to it eventually. Mercy isn't crawling yet, but she can roll! She rolls all over the place. She also has a pull and scoot method of getting around when she's on her tummy. I can tell she really, really wants to move around, and it frustrates her sometimes. She'll get the hang of it soon enough!
Mercy LOVES to be read to. We read books many times throughout the day. She even has a few favorites that we must read anytime we read books. Her favorites right now include "The Very Busy Spider" by Eric Carle, and "That's Not My Puppy", an Usborne touch and feel book. She likes to help me turn the pages and then rub her hand over the pictures. If the book has animal noises in it, she'll make little cooing noises along with me. I absolutely love that she enjoys reading at such an early age. Oh, and she also likes to chew on each page before we move onto the next (we're sticking to board books right now). She just gets sweeter and sweeter!

No comments: