Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Undecorated House: Bonus Room Edition

Welcome to our bonus room. Our bonus room is upstairs, and is intended to be the t.v./family room. The couches in our bonus room are old couches of mine that I purchased during college. Tyson and I continued to use them for a few years until we broke down and bought nice stuff last year. We kept these old ones in storage, just in case we bought a bigger house. Using the old stuff up here is perfect- I don't care if it gets beat up. I would, however, like to eventually slip cover these couches in a neutral color and add overstuffed throw pillows for added cushioning.
We scored this large flat screen the day before Circuit City announced they were going out of business. We actually got it for a better deal than during their liquidation sale. It seemed huge in the old house, but it is pretty proportionate to the size of the bonus room.

We would like to add a recliner or two to this room along with a few end tables. We're really going for comfort up here. It is, after all, where we watch movies, play the Wii, and goof around. In the right corner is Tyson's old mini refrigerator that he used to keep at his Boise office. We thought it might be nice to have a some cold drinks on hand while we have parties or guests upstairs.


This is the view of the hallway from the bonus room. Four of the bedrooms are upstairs, along with a full bathroom, a linen closet, and another closet that we use for storing games and t.v. trays.
I do have plans for decorating the bonus room. I would like to go with a travel theme. I found several vintage travel posters of places we have visited that I would like to decorate with, along with various other things. I would also like to paint (along with the rest of the house), but I'll probably wait on that.
Next up: Outdoor Edition!

No comments: