Friday, February 6, 2009

Looking Forward

Is it strange that this whole moving to another state thing doesn't have me stressed out? It doesn't seem like a big deal. We're packing boxes everyday and smoothing out the details. Maybe I'll be stressed in two weeks.

Anyway, there are several things I am looking forward to when we get settled in Washington. Here's my list:

1. Churches- We already have a list of churches we would like to look into. It seems that there are lots of great churches in the area, which is encouraging. We'll have lots of opportunities for fellowship! I am excited to see where the Lord leads us and the ministry opportunities He has for us.

2. Pierce County Library System- The county library system is awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on some books I've been wanting to read. The Mountain Home library has a really poor selection, and even though they had a huge bond passed, have discontinued the use of the inter library loan, due to postal costs. Anyway, the local libraries in Washington don't just offer lots of great books, they also have weekly and monthly family activities for free. Once we're settled in I plan on taking Mercy to the library for their weekly Baby Adventures for 0-24 months. They read stories, sing songs, and do other age appropriate activities. I figure it is a good way to meet other moms. Also, they offer monthly book clubs. I'll definitely be thinking about getting involved in a book club too.

3. Moms Groups- There are dozens of Moms clubs and groups in the area. I have already contacted one, and I intend to get involved in another when we get there. Another great way to meet people.

4. YMCA- The local YMCA is wonderful. I've been scoping them out online. They are huge, and offer so many classes to members. And not just exercise classes, though there are lots and lots of those too- lots of different aerobics classes, pilates, swim classes, and drop in sports (like Tyson's favorite, racquetball). They also offer adult dance classes and activities, as well as a whole host of dance, exercise, and sports programs for kids. Plus, they have a really nice nursery. Once we join I'm sure I'll be there at least a few times per week.

5. Weather- We are both looking forward to a more temperate climate. And though everyone immediately tries to tell us how much we'll hate the rain, I know we'll enjoy it. We're so tired of living in such a dry area, and we always love rainy days. I remember telling a friend in high school that I preferred cloudy days over sunny ones and she immediately assumed I must be depressed. It's not that at all, I just enjoy it. Plus, it makes for better outdoor photos :)

6. Landscape- I think this is one of most beautiful areas I've ever seen.

Anyway....there is so much more we are both looking forward to. These are just the ones I was thinking about right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful posts! I was stationed at Mtn. Home from '88-'94(not a good representative sample of what this beautiful state has to offer). I have always loved Garden Valley and dreamed of someday living there forever. I finally made it. My husband and I built our home five years ago, and I could not imagine ever being anywhere else. Best of luck to you and your on your new journey!