I'm taking a cue from my new favorite website http://www.orgjunkie.com/ and posting my menu for the week. I usually plan out our meals prior to getting groceries. That way I know exactly what I'll need. Being organized this way has allowed us to cut some grocery costs as well as eat healthier (since the meals are planned, we eat out less). Let me know if you are interested in recipes and I'll be happy to post them!
Monday- Savory Baked Chicken Breasts, green beans, homemade rolls
Tuesday- Bean and Beef Enchiladas, chips and salsa, fruit
Wednesday- Leftover chicken breasts, green beans, and rolls
Thursday- Leftover enchiladas, chips and salsa, and fruit
Friday- Baked Mostaccioli, homemade garlic bread, garden salad
Saturday- Grilled Salmon, corn on the cob, fruit
Sunday- Leftover baked mostaccioli, garlic bread, and salad
You can see that we have leftovers quite often. I have found that planning the leftovers into our menu keeps it from going to waste, plus, I only have to cook three or four times in a week. I try to save our leftovers for nights when I know that we have plans.


2 comments:
Welcome to MPM! You will really like it here- so many good ideas and it does save time and money to plan ahead! I too find that planning makes less waste in our house!
Your menu looks yummy! Doing a menu plan has made such a difference for me!
Post a Comment