Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Surprise Date


I know, when I update the blog I have a stream of posts. Oh well!


Last week I received a formal invitation for a date with my hubby. Tyson left the printed invitation inside the refrigerator, right where I would see it. The date was for Sunday night, at 7:30. So, on Sunday, I was banished to our room for two hours while he got things ready. I watched a movie, folded laundry, and got dressed up while I waited for him.


He is so creative! At 7:30 sharp he knocked on the bedroom door and escorted me to our living room, which he had turned into a whimsical dining setting. He had moved the living room furniture out of the way and had moved the dining room table in. Draped around the dining room table was a canopy of white twinkle lights, of the Christmas tree variety. Tyson had even found and purchased a DVD of a fireplace- it is a recording of a crackling fire with soft classical music playing in the background. With the atmosphere set he proceeded to serve me a homemade dinner of candied salmon, garlic rice, rolls, salad, wine, and a box of chocolates for dessert. After dinner we played a few rounds of scrabble. It was a perfect date and I am so blessed to have such a thoughtful and romantic husband!


Above is a picture of our 'dining out' experience!

No comments: