Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Friends and Stuff

Living away from all of my family has been hard for me. I miss them everyday, and I’m always aware of the everyday things we miss out on by not living closer to them. However, I am beginning to feel like I have more friends and more opportunities for fellowship here than I did in Idaho. Our church is full of young families, and full of moms with little ones at home. Mercy and I have had our pick of play dates for the past month. I have really been enjoying getting to know other stay at home moms and their kiddos. The break in our day to day schedule is nice and the fellowship is a blessing. Even though in most cases Mercy ends up being the youngest child at our play dates, she really loves being with other children. It has been good for her. And good for me! I am truly thankful for our new friends. I look forward to building strong friendships with these gals!

In other ramblings, this summer has been a summer for family. We spent a week at my parent’s house in June, spent a long weekend with Tyson’s family in July, this past weekend Tyson’s dad came for a visit, and next month my parents and Tyson's mom are coming for several days for Mercy's 1st birthday (Already! My baby is growing up too fast.). Below are a few random pictures.
Trying to pull herself up!
Playing with Daddy

Wearing her Daddy's new Mariners hat.

Grandpa Randy

No comments: