Monday, March 2, 2009

Things That Go Bump in the Night

If a tree falls in the forest, and the forest happens to be your backyard, you most definitely hear it. A windy, rainy storm blew through late last night, and around 4:30 Tyson and I were awakened by a thunderous splitting and crashing sound. It sent us straight out of the bed, peering into the absolute darkness of our property, and then up the stairs to check on Mercy (who slept through the whole thing). We couldn't tell what had happened, and the house was fine. However, this morning we noticed from the upstairs windows that a tree blew over towards the back of our property. Not near the house, thank goodness, but close enough to get our adrenaline pumping this morning! It is going to take me a while to get used to the new sounds (though I hope falling trees is not an everyday occurrence).

I hope to start posting some pictures soon. Pictures take longer....and right now time is a hot commodity around here!

No comments: