Friday, February 13, 2009

Grammy Update

Subtitle: Cold Play Declares War on the Letter ‘R’

So my family did not win either of their Grammy nominations this year, but they lost to Brad Paisley in one category and Ricky Skaggs in the other, so I suppose that if you have to lose out to someone those aren’t two slouches. This makes the 4th Grammy nomination for them in three years and I couldn’t be more proud.

While I am on the subject, I have to mention something that is like one of those itches under the skin that drives you crazy. Cold Play’s song “Viva La Vida” won Song of the Year. It is unfortunate that a song can win such an award when the lead singer could not bring himself to pronounce the letter ‘R’ the whole time. Give it a listen sometime and notice how often ‘rule the world’ becomes ‘woo da woohl’.

I’ve enjoyed some of Cold Play’s earlier stuff, but c’mon guys… learn to enunciate!

Tyson

No comments: