Saturday, August 30, 2008

Update

Only five weeks left until the big due date! I had an appointment yesterday, and all is well. Mercy's heartbeat is as strong as ever and she is still in the head down position. I mentioned to my doctor that I had been feeling pressure and cramping in my lower back and lower abdomen, and silly me, I didn't even think that those could be contractions, but they are! My doctor said they are just 'practice' contractions that will become more frequent and stronger the closer I get to my due date. I have another appointment in two weeks, and then every week after that until she is born. We're getting so close to holding our little girl!

Tyson and I have completed our childbirth prep class, a breastfeeding class, and have toured the labor/maternity center. I am determined to have a natural birth- no drugs for me! We'll see how I do....I may end up pleading for an epidural, but I'm hoping to use some techniques we learned to ride out the pain the best I can. I would LOVE to be able to labor completely drug free!

In other news, I got tagged for jury duty for the months of Sept. and Oct. Go figure. I called last month only to find out that I could do it now and be excused from Oct., or wait and do it in November. I chose now, since jury duty would kind of clash with taking care of a newborn. I called last night and found out that I am to call in again on Sept. 24th for a trial that begins on the 25th. Yeah....just 10 days before my due date! I'm hoping they will excuse me, since it might be a bit of a distraction if my water broke during a trial!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Wow! I can't believe you are only 5 weeks away from delivery??? It seems like yesterday when you sent me that email and we were discussing how trying IF can be! Now look, you are weeks away from the greatest victory of this IF journey!!!! I couldn't be more happy for you guys!