Tyson and I have a yearly apple picking tradition. I love picking apples! Autumn is my favorite season, and apple picking just cries out fall to me. This year we picked about fifty pounds of apples. What do you do with that many apples, you ask? Can and freeze! Last weekend and again today we spent a few hours peeling, coring, and chopping apples. Twenty-two pints of apple sauce and a couple of frozen pies later, we are down to the bottom of the barrel, so to speak. Last year we stumbled upon a very simple yet delicious applesauce recipe. We made a few pints worth last year and ate it within a week. So, this year we decided to dedicate most of our apples to applesauce. Last Christmas Tyson bought me a very nice canner/pressure cooker that we have used for canning our applesauce. It has made the canning process so simple! I also find it is nice to make and freeze several apple pies for the holidays. All I have to do is pop them in the oven when we need them. Can you believe Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away?
No comments:
Post a Comment