Thursday, October 18, 2007

I know its too early for Christmas, but...

This year's White House Historical Association ornament is now available. The one to the left is the most recent one for 2007. Naturally, half the people in the world have a tradition of collecting a holiday ornament. Sadie and I like this series because the ornaments are shiny, classy, and tell interesting snippets about our nation's history. Even the boxes they come in are fun to look through.

We got started in this collection as the result of a gift. My grandparents in California, Gene and Gypsy Cherryholmes (but we just call them Poppo and Mommo) sent us the 2002 release one year and we loved it! It was beautiful and caught the light in a way that every good Christmas ornament should. We don't actually hang these ones on the "main" tree. Instead we picked up a silver "table" tree that goes well with the styling of this collection.
Why, you ask, do I bother posting this in October? No, I'm not one of those who ushers the Christmas season in prematurely--even though it is one of our favorite times of year. Last year, we didn't order the newest one until we were already decorating for Christmas. Naturally that meant that by the time our 2006 ornament arrived, we were packing up and putting away all the decorations already! Didn't make that mistake this time! We've already ordered the 2007 one.

No comments: