Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Upcoming Events

60th Anniversary Party- Grandpa and Grandma Bohle are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this weekend! In a society where staying married for even just ten years is an accomplishment, it is wonderful to celebrate such a milestone. They are celebrating with brunch and dancing on Saturday. What a great combination! I love breakfast food (I hear there will be crepes....yum!), and Tyson and I love dancing. We've been brushing up on the foxtrot and waltz. Tyson and I are looking forward to spending the weekend at my parents house, visiting with them as well as my brother and his wife (and of course, snuggling our niece!). I also am looking forward to seeing the house my parents are in the process of building. How exciting!

The Seal's- While in Rupert I'll be visiting my oldest and one of my dearest friends, Jenny. By oldest I mean number of years we've been friends, not age! Jen and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. She used to live across the street from me, and I would spend my afternoons standing at the end of my driveway waiting to see if she would come out of her house, as I was too shy to walk over and knock on the door! Throughout the years we have experienced quite a bit together. Though we often go months and even years without talking, we always pick up right where we left off! I can't wait to see Jen and her three little boys on Friday!

School, already?- I can not believe how quickly the summer whizzed by! I go back to work on Monday. All of next week is dedicated to working in my classroom, teacher trainings, and meetings. Then, on the 27th the kids officially start school. People have been asking me if I'm ready for the school year to start, usually with concerned faces and assuming I'm filled with dread, but I'm not. I am really looking forward to the start of this school year. I LOVED teaching first grade last year, and now that I really know what I'm doing, I can't wait to jump in and get started with my new batch of first graders! I can't wait to hear the silly things they have to say or get more hugs than I can count in a day, or be told "I love you Mrs. Bryant! You're my favorite teacher!" numerous times throughout the day. First grade is (I think) one of the most grueling grades to teach. I literally come home physically exhausted some days. First grade is such a transition year. I spend my year transitioning kiddos from kindergarten to preparing them for second grade. I have to teach them to read, and most leave reading chapter books! I have to teach them to write, and most leave writing complete stories, letters, etc. I have to teach them to add, subtract, solve story problems, count by 2s, 5s, and 10s, measure, analyze data, etc. And most leave able to do all of the above. And I have to integrate science, social studies, art, and character education into my thematic units. It is work, work, work. But is very rewarding, the parents are super supportive, and I work at a great school. I can't wait to get started!

I'll post some pics early next week of the anniversary party, hangin' with Jen, and maybe even of my classroom. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: