Monday, July 9, 2007

Pirate Party!

This past weekend, Tyson and I hosted a pirate themed costume party at our home. We had so much fun! The night included dinner, pirate jokes, pirate trivia, and five rounds of pirates dice. I always enjoy hosting parties in our home, as it gives me the chance to cook for a big group of people. The menu for the evening included:

grilled salmon with mojo sauce
homemade pepper cheese breadsticks
honeydew and apple salad
frog-eye salad
margarita dip with fresh strawberries, apples, peaches, and vanilla wafers
rum cake from the Cayman Islands
various snacks

We decorated our patio and backyard with fish netting, pirate flags, and tiki torches. We even had pirate music playing in the background. To all who came, you looked great in your costumes and we appreciate what good sports you all were! We had so much fun dressing up and playing the part! The dice tournament was a blast, and we hope everyone had as much fun as we did. ARR!

Below are just some of the great pictures taken Saturday night! Enjoy!


The entire pirate group!
Bunch of scalleywags.....


Mom and I, having a great time


In between rounds of pirates dice

Never trust a pirate!

Dennis and Larissa looked great too!


Great costume Susan!

Arrrr....Butch won the best 'pirate speak' contest!


Mom looks good as a pirate!

Dad, winner of the best costume contest. By the way, nice foot tan!

Bridger and his monkey-girl, Juniper

My sister-in-law Jen

My pirate husband.....

You know I must be secure in myself to post this picture.....arrrrr!


The scalleywag men...

The landlubbin' women....how do I always end up being the tallest gal in the group?

No comments: